- Site Name
- Site Description ~ a tagline
- Admin Username ~ you will use this to log into the site once you've created it
- Admin Password ~ you will use this to log into the site once you've created it
- Admin Email ~ I recommend you use the admin forwarder you created in the previous step; otherwise enter your personal email
Find and clicked on the WordPress icon in the Softaculous section.
- Choose the version you want to install
- Choose the highest/latest version (v5.x as of Jan 2019) unless you have enough experience and a desire to install an earlier version.
- Choose Protocol
- Your site should have SSL, so choose HTTPS unless you absolutely know otherwise.
- Chose the default domain
- Select a domain from the pull-down menu
- In Directory
- The default directory is "wp."
- You probably do not want to do this. Remove "wp" to just leave this box empty.
- Site Name
- Site Description
- Did not enable multi-site unless you have the knowledge to manage it ~ leave the block unchecked
- Change the Admin Username to something/anything other than "admin" and paste into an notepad text file
- Copy the suggested Admin Password to notepad
- Change/Enter the Admin Email
- While the admin email is in your clipboard, scroll to the bottom of the page and enter it intro "Email installation details to:"
- Leave this set at English (The default)
- Limit Login Attempts (loginizer)
- Do not check the button. This function will be implemented with another plugin we will enable shortly after the WordPress installation is complete.
- Classic Editor
- YES, YES you want this! Check the box so that this plugin in installed and activated.
Advanced OptionsClick on the "+" symbol to open the Advanced optons
- Database Name
- It's OK to leave the default, but it will make more sense later if you use an abbreviation of the domain name. For example, wpabcinc for ABCInc.biz
- Table Prefix
- It's OK to leave the default.
- Auto Upgrade ~ if you have to ask, then select "upgrade to Minor version only" (the choice in the middle)
- Auto Upgrade Wordpress Plugins ~ leave unchecked (do not allow)
- Auto Upgrade Wordpress Themes ~ leave unchecked (do not allow)
- Backup Location ~ leave at "Default"
- Automated backups ~ leave "Don't back up" (we're going to do this with a plugin)
- Backup rotation ~ ignore this block
- Software: Version, protocol, domain ~~ "In Directory" is blank
- Site Settings: ~~ Multi-site is unchecked
- Admin Account: ~~ This information has been copied to a text file!
- Select Plugins: ~~ Classic Editor is enabled
- Advanced Options: Database Name is changed, minor upgrades only, no backup
- There is an address in "Email installations details" block
Clicked on the INSTALL button.... !